Photos from Mt. Rainier, July 7-8, 2015 with Mountain Gurus.
- Summit: 14,409 ft.
- Elevation gain: 9,000+ ft.
- Paradise to Camp Muir: 9:15am – 2:45pm (July 7)
- Camp Muir to Summit: 11:30pm – 5:45am
- Summit to Camp Muir: 6:00am – 10:15am
- Camp Muir to Paradise: 11:30am – 4:00pm
- Total time: 16.5 hours (July 8)
Quarter mile into the hike from Paradise.
Threatening ice fall area that’s begun melting away in this summer’s high temps.
Summit of Mt. Rainier at sunrise with little to no visibility.
Amy and I at the summit plaque.
Navigating one of the many crevasse ladders on the route.
There were 7 or 8 ladders along the route. More crevasses are opening up wider this year due to scorching temperatures in the Northwest, causing the glaciers to melt out rapidly.